Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Ruby/MySQL/Rails timeseries QN

Ruby/MySQL/Rails timeseries QN

Peter Booth

I'm starting an application that will create, persist, query, and
display timeseries. I'm wondering how to best store these timeseries
so they can be queried via metadata. Each timeseries object could be
seven or eight metadata attributes and an array of say 80000
integers. There could be 10000 or more timeseries. The timeseries
values will be appended but not modified in place. I'd like to use
the ActiveRecord / Rails approach here and was wondering whether
BLOBs attribute, a filesystem or a combination approach makes sense
for marshalling the array of values to a compact format.

Scikits.timeseries for 2.7 JB Python 1 07-21-2011 05:30 PM
installing scikits.timeseries Tintifax Python 0 12-23-2010 06:43 PM
gnuplot timeseries Rob Redmon Ruby 2 04-22-2009 10:02 PM

Advertisments