This release improves the automated test generator and adds
new content to the user manual.
Thanks to Matt Fischler for helping test and debug the
installation of Ruby-VPI on Windows.
* The command-line options for generate_test.rb have
changed. Run the command generate_test.rb --help for
* Test runners now attempt to resolve paths in
SIMULATOR_SOURCES by searching for them within the
directories specified in SIMULATOR_INCLUDES.
* Synopsys VCS is now used in a better way (via the -load
o The old PLI table file (synopsys_vcs.tab) has been
o The C extension has been revised accordingly.
* The C extension now compiles without errors in Cygwin.
* The automated test generator now:
o Only creates output files when necessary.
o Updates existing output files using text merging tools
if possible. (Refer to MERGER in the help information of
o Emits progress information similar to Ruby on Rails.
* The user manual now:
o Includes instructions for installing on Windows (via
o Has a recommended software section, with links to text
o Uses the term xUnit instead of “unit test”.
o Correctly spells “rSpec”.