Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > modeling a simple cpu

modeling a simple cpu

Ara.T.Howard

i need to model the on board cpu of a satellite in order to mock running
uploaded commands. basically i need to model the internal state and all
incoming commands so i can determine register states at a given point in time.
has anyone out there done something similar? and helpful libs? basically
i'll need something like

dmsp_cpu = cpu{
register 'oax'
register 'oal'

mem 0x55, :value => 0x2a39

instruction 'oaxload' do |value|
oax[ value ]
end
}

etc.

regards.

-a
--
my religion is very simple. my religion is kindness. -- the dalai lama

Daniel Berger

Ara.T.Howard wrote:
> i need to model the on board cpu of a satellite in order to mock running
> uploaded commands. basically i need to model the internal state and all
> incoming commands so i can determine register states at a given point in time.
> has anyone out there done something similar? and helpful libs? basically
> i'll need something like
>
> dmsp_cpu = cpu{
> register 'oax'
> register 'oal'
>
> mem 0x55, :value => 0x2a39
>
> instruction 'oaxload' do |value|
> oax[ value ]
> end
> }

What platform? What's the type of cpu? I *think* Solaris/Sparc comes
with something that will let you do this.

Regards,

Dan

Phil Tomson

On 10/26/06, Ara.T.Howard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> i need to model the on board cpu of a satellite in order to mock running
> uploaded commands. basically i need to model the internal state and all
> incoming commands so i can determine register states at a given point in time.
> has anyone out there done something similar? and helpful libs? basically
> i'll need something like
>
> dmsp_cpu = cpu{
> register 'oax'
> register 'oal'
>
> mem 0x55, :value => 0x2a39
>
> instruction 'oaxload' do |value|
> oax[ value ]
> end
> }
>
> etc.

You might want take a look at RHDL ( http://rhdl.rubyforge.org )

Phil

ara.t.howard@noaa.gov

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Phil Tomson wrote:

> You might want take a look at RHDL ( http://rhdl.rubyforge.org )

i was just looking at it... would you say it's a sledgehammer for this tack?

cheers.

-a
--

On 10/26/06, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Oct 2006, Phil Tomson wrote:
>
> > You might want take a look at RHDL ( http://rhdl.rubyforge.org )

> i was just looking at it... would you say it's a sledgehammer for this tack?

Possibly. Depends on how much modelling you need to do. RHDL has
signals which can be bit vectors (registers) and it lets you do
dataflow modelling. But yeah, maybe it's overkill for what you're
doing.

Phil