Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Problem with cookies at Staples site

Problem with cookies at Staples site

Gordon Abbot

http://www.staples.com/

is the staples websit. I have tried to check their catalog and continue
to get a window that says I am not set up to accept their cookies and to
set my browser to accept cookies.

I have moz 1.4 and have opened moz wide open to accept all cookies they
or anyone else they want to send my way and still get the - fix your
browser.

I have no problems at any other site except Staples. Is it because they
have not bothered to fix their site so Moz works with it? If so, that is
fairly dumb.

GA
--
My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.

dantu

Gordon Abbot wrote:

> http://www.staples.com/
>
> is the staples websit. I have tried to check their catalog and
> continue to get a window that says I am not set up to accept their
> cookies and to set my browser to accept cookies.
>
> I have moz 1.4 and have opened moz wide open to accept all cookies
> they or anyone else they want to send my way and still get the - fix
> your browser.
>
> I have no problems at any other site except Staples. Is it because
> they have not bothered to fix their site so Moz works with it? If so,
> that is fairly dumb.
>
> GA

Gordon

No problems here using 1.5 (Cookies set to accept all)
Exactly where and when do you get the error message?

Do you have pop ups blocked? Images?

Leonidas Jones

Gordon Abbot wrote:
> http://www.staples.com/
>
> is the staples websit. I have tried to check their catalog and continue
> to get a window that says I am not set up to accept their cookies and to
> set my browser to accept cookies.
>
> I have moz 1.4 and have opened moz wide open to accept all cookies they
> or anyone else they want to send my way and still get the - fix your
> browser.
>
> I have no problems at any other site except Staples. Is it because they
> have not bothered to fix their site so Moz works with it? If so, that is
> fairly dumb.
>
> GA

Exactly which link gives you this error? I clicked a bunch of links,
and haven't seen a problem. Let us know exactly what you are trying to
do, and we will try to help.

Lee

Ed Mullen

Gordon Abbot wrote:
> http://www.staples.com/
>
> is the staples websit. I have tried to check their catalog and continue
> to get a window that says I am not set up to accept their cookies and to
> set my browser to accept cookies.
>
> I have moz 1.4 and have opened moz wide open to accept all cookies they
> or anyone else they want to send my way and still get the - fix your
> browser.
>
> I have no problems at any other site except Staples. Is it because they
> have not bothered to fix their site so Moz works with it? If so, that is
> fairly dumb.
>
> GA

You might want to look through your existing cookies and delete any for
staples that exist. Then go to the site again and try. Also, make sure
you have javascript enabled as some sites require that.

--
Ed Mullen - Mozilla Champion
http://edmullen.net

Gordon Abbot

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Gordon Abbot wrote:
>
>> http://www.staples.com/
>>
>> is the staples website. I have tried to check their catalog and
>> continue to get a window that says I am not set up to accept their
>> cookies and to set my browser to accept cookies.
>>
>> I have moz 1.4 and have opened moz wide open to accept all cookies
>> they or anyone else they want to send my way and still get the - fix
>> your browser.
>>
>> I have no problems at any other site except Staples. Is it because
>> they have not bothered to fix their site so Moz works with it? If so,
>> that is fairly dumb.
>>
>> GA

> Exactly which link gives you this error? I clicked a bunch of links,
> and haven't seen a problem. Let us know exactly what you are trying to
> do, and we will try to help.
>
> Lee

I get the error when I click the shop by catalog/order by catalog number.

I have javascript enabled and allowed pop-ups. Deleted all staples
cookies. Still have the problem. The window I get is

http://www.staples.com/content/help/cookieerror.asp

Win98se, moz 1.4

GA

--

Gordon Abbot wrote:
> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> Gordon Abbot wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.staples.com/
>>>
>>> is the staples website. I have tried to check their catalog and
>>> continue to get a window that says I am not set up to accept their
>>> cookies and to set my browser to accept cookies.
>>>
>>> I have moz 1.4 and have opened moz wide open to accept all cookies
>>> they or anyone else they want to send my way and still get the - fix
>>> your browser.
>>>
>>> I have no problems at any other site except Staples. Is it because
>>> they have not bothered to fix their site so Moz works with it? If so,
>>> that is fairly dumb.
>>>
>>> GA

>> Exactly which link gives you this error? I clicked a bunch of links,
>> and haven't seen a problem. Let us know exactly what you are trying
>> to do, and we will try to help.
>>
>> Lee

> I get the error when I click the shop by catalog/order by catalog number.
>
> I have javascript enabled and allowed pop-ups. Deleted all staples
> cookies. Still have the problem. The window I get is
>
> http://www.staples.com/content/help/cookieerror.asp
>
> Win98se, moz 1.4
>
> GA

I assume you are set to accept all cookies. Do you have a firewall that
may be blocking the required cookie?

Lee

dantu

Leonidas Jones wrote:

> Gordon Abbot wrote:

>>> Exactly which link gives you this error? I clicked a bunch of
>>> links, and haven't seen a problem. Let us know exactly what you are
>>> trying to do, and we will try to help.
>>>
>>> Lee

>> I get the error when I click the shop by catalog/order by catalog
>> number.
>>
>> I have javascript enabled and allowed pop-ups. Deleted all staples
>> cookies. Still have the problem. The window I get is
>>
>> http://www.staples.com/content/help/cookieerror.asp
>>
>> Win98se, moz 1.4
>>
>> GA
>>

> I assume you are set to accept all cookies. Do you have a firewall
> that may be blocking the required cookie?
>
> Lee

The cookies are identified on the staples site
Delete the Staples.com cookie file(s). These may be identified as files
that include the following text in their respective file names: "@st",
"@st.txt", "@207.87.11", and "@staples.txt".

Gordon Abbot

dantu wrote:

> Leonidas Jones wrote:
>
>> Gordon Abbot wrote:

>>> I get the error when I click the shop by catalog/order by catalog
>>> number.
>>>
>>> I have javascript enabled and allowed pop-ups. Deleted all staples
>>> cookies. Still have the problem. The window I get is
>>>
>>> http://www.staples.com/content/help/cookieerror.asp
>>>
>>> Win98se, moz 1.4
>>>
>>> GA
>>>

>> I assume you are set to accept all cookies. Do you have a firewall
>> that may be blocking the required cookie?
>>
>> Lee

> The cookies are identified on the staples site
> Delete the Staples.com cookie file(s). These may be identified as files
> that include the following text in their respective file names: "@st",
> "@st.txt", "@207.87.11", and "@staples.txt".

Dumb. Quite some time ago, I cleared my cookie file and forgot I set all
that I deleted to not be allowed to reset cookies. Staples was one.
Works fine now.

Sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your help, even thought it
was I that caused my problem.

BTW, it is a nice feature.

GA

--
My address is spoofed, so do not reply directly.