Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > setup.rb copies .bat files to linux system

setup.rb copies .bat files to linux system

Trans

I created .bat files for windows, and I assume they should be in the
conventional bin/ directory. But setup.rb copies .bat files to my linux
system. Should setup.rb be made to aviod this, or is there already an
appropriate way to do this?

Thanks,
T.

Timothy Hunter

Trans wrote:
> I created .bat files for windows, and I assume they should be in the
> conventional bin/ directory. But setup.rb copies .bat files to my linux
> system. Should setup.rb be made to aviod this, or is there already an
> appropriate way to do this?
>
> Thanks,

I don't think there's any O/S-dependent code in setup.rb, and even if
there were I'm not sure it would be a good idea to have setup.rb use
file extensions to make installation decisions. You could add a
post-install hook to handle O/S-dependent aspects of your installation.