Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > pair programming editor

pair programming editor

marinho.tobolla@syncity.de

Sorry, this might be a little bit off topic....

Anyway. Does anybody knows a Pair Programming Editor like SubEthaEdit or Moonedit?
Preferably with syntax highlightning for ruby ?
Maybe written in Ruby...
Definitly not for MAC, since i donīt own one ...

Of course, i would also be interested in rubyprojects concerning a Pair Programming Editor (even in Beta...)

cheers

Marinho

Kevin Jackson

> Anyway. Does anybody knows a Pair Programming Editor like SubEthaEdit or =
Moonedit?
> Preferably with syntax highlightning for ruby ?
> Maybe written in Ruby...
> Definitly not for MAC, since i don=B4t own one ...

Hi, the one I've used (although not written in Ruby) is gobby

It requires GTK, so it's cross-platform, although a bit of a pain for
Mac users. Windows/Linux downloads are fairly easy to setup

http://darcs.0x539.de/trac/obby/cgi-bin/trac.cgi

Kev

Hal Fulton

> Sorry, this might be a little bit off topic....
>
> Anyway. Does anybody knows a Pair Programming Editor like SubEthaEdit or Moonedit?
> Preferably with syntax highlightning for ruby ?
> Maybe written in Ruby...
> Definitly not for MAC, since i donīt own one ...
>
> Of course, i would also be interested in rubyprojects concerning a Pair Programming Editor (even in Beta...)

This feature has been talked about for years for FreeRIDE.
In fact, it was how I got interested in FreeRIDE.

I always was in favor of remote communication between
FR instances, but never felt that I had sufficient
knowledge to tackle that myself.

Others said, "Oh, it should be pretty easy." But they
never came up with a proof of concept or anything.

So there it has sat for four or five years.

Hal