Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > vim autocomplete

vim autocomplete

Mark Chandler

I recently installed vim 7. The only autocomplete I can find it the
omnicomplete, using CTRL-X CTRL-O. Is there a way to make
auto-completion automatic, and if not, is there a way to change the
shortcut so I don't have to hit CTRL-X CTRL-O every time?

Thanks in advance.

JeffC

Try <ctrl-n> in insert mode.

Mark Chandler wrote:
> I recently installed vim 7. The only autocomplete I can find it the
> omnicomplete, using CTRL-X CTRL-O. Is there a way to make
> auto-completion automatic, and if not, is there a way to change the
> shortcut so I don't have to hit CTRL-X CTRL-O every time?
>
> Thanks in advance.

A. S. Bradbury

On Monday 18 September 2006 05:26, JeffC wrote:
> Try <ctrl-n> in insert mode.
>
> Mark Chandler wrote:
> > I recently installed vim 7. The only autocomplete I can find it the
> > omnicomplete, using CTRL-X CTRL-O. Is there a way to make
> > auto-completion automatic, and if not, is there a way to change the
> > shortcut so I don't have to hit CTRL-X CTRL-O every time?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

Check out supertab[1], it allows you to use tab for the completion type of
your choice, tab will work as normal when the cursor is not at the end of a
word.

As the options suggestion, just add the following to your .vimrc for tab to
map to omni-completion:
let g:SuperTabDefaultCompletionType = "<C-X><C-O>"

Regards,
Alex

A. S. Bradbury

On Monday 18 September 2006 12:35, A. S. Bradbury wrote:
> On Monday 18 September 2006 05:26, JeffC wrote:
> > Try <ctrl-n> in insert mode.
> >
> > Mark Chandler wrote:
> > > I recently installed vim 7. The only autocomplete I can find it the
> > > omnicomplete, using CTRL-X CTRL-O. Is there a way to make
> > > auto-completion automatic, and if not, is there a way to change the
> > > shortcut so I don't have to hit CTRL-X CTRL-O every time?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.

> Check out supertab[1], it allows you to use tab for the completion type of
> your choice, tab will work as normal when the cursor is not at the end of a
> word.

Forgot the link

1. http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1643