Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Rails: generate scaffold Product Admin overwrites admin pages

Rails: generate scaffold Product Admin overwrites admin pages

Phlip

[This post belongs on the Rails mailing list but its server is full]

Rubies:

I'm up to the infamous Page 57 in Joel Spolsky's most favoritest book in the
whole world, /Agile Web Development with Rails/ by the Daves.

It says:

ruby script/generate scaffold Product Admin

That makes an instant view and editor into the Product model and database
table.

Now suppose I want to, uh, create a second database table, and I need a
second administration view on it. So I create the table, and then run this:

ruby script/generate scaffold AnotherTable Admin

The system overwrites (with permission) the exiting administration files.

What's the fix? Should I rename the prior files? If so, what's the exact
list to rename, and how to keep them linked in?

--
Phlip

Eero Saynatkari

Phlip wrote:
> [This post belongs on the Rails mailing list but its server is full]

That is not really an excuse

Until they fix it, #rubyonrails on irc.freenode.net may
(or may not) be able to help.

> The system overwrites (with permission) the exiting administration
> files.
>
> What's the fix? Should I rename the prior files? If so, what's the exact
> list to rename, and how to keep them linked in?

Two different things cannot be named the same, I believe.

Newbie help with scaffold generator Paul Johnston Ruby 2 08-21-2006 10:51 AM
Scaffold: Daniel Ruby 3 06-20-2006 06:18 AM
iteration A1 in ebook: scaffold gets: routing error Ray Tayek Ruby 1 06-06-2006 04:07 PM
N00b request help with scaffold- undefined method 'body=' error na Ruby 4 02-26-2006 05:41 PM
Struts & Scaffold question kaspar minosiants Java 0 02-06-2004 05:31 PM

Advertisments