Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > (SNMP Library) Get_Bulk timeout

(SNMP Library) Get_Bulk timeout

Toby Rodwell

Hi all,
I appreciate this is a bit of a specialized request, but is anyone using
the Get_Bulk method of the manager class in Ruby SNMP 1.0.0 library? If
so , do you find that there is a rather low limit on the number of
values you can request for a single SNMP query (in the region of 50),
above which you will just get a response timeout?

I suspect this might be an SNMP issue rather than a Ruby one, and I have
an idea for a work round (ugly, but that's the only type of code I
write!), but before I go ahead I just wanted to see what others'
experiences were.

regards
Toby