Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: How do server controls postback?

Re: How do server controls postback?

Marina

The page has very few controls and is very lightweight. The post happens so
fast, that the typical 'blinking' of a web page goes very quickly (though
you can still tell). A small page with a good server will do that.

"Brett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a question about server controls and page refreshing. I'm going

through tutorials at http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/. In
the left column under "ASP.NET Web Forms" then "Working With Server
Controls", there is a tutorial named "Handling Multiple Control Action
Events". It's called VB Controls4.aspx. Running the sample, when an item
is moved from one box to another, I see a server hit in the browser's bottom
status bar. However, it doesn't seem as though the entire page refreshes.
It also seems to occur quicker than a regular refresh. The "Available
Fonts" and "Installed Fonts" text, along with the top of page text do not
seem to blink.

> How exactly is ASP.NET accomplishing this server hit with out the entire

page refreshing? Or is the page actually refreshing (if so, why isn't there
any blinking)?

> Thanks,
> Brett

=?Utf-8?B?QnJldHQ=?=

Is there a way (language besides Java) to submit a form with out the blinking?

Brett

"Marina" wrote:

> The page has very few controls and is very lightweight. The post happens so
> fast, that the typical 'blinking' of a web page goes very quickly (though
> you can still tell). A small page with a good server will do that.
>
> "Brett" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have a question about server controls and page refreshing. I'm going

> through tutorials at http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/. In
> the left column under "ASP.NET Web Forms" then "Working With Server
> Controls", there is a tutorial named "Handling Multiple Control Action
> Events". It's called VB Controls4.aspx. Running the sample, when an item
> is moved from one box to another, I see a server hit in the browser's bottom
> status bar. However, it doesn't seem as though the entire page refreshes.
> It also seems to occur quicker than a regular refresh. The "Available
> Fonts" and "Installed Fonts" text, along with the top of page text do not
> seem to blink.
> >
> > How exactly is ASP.NET accomplishing this server hit with out the entire

> page refreshing? Or is the page actually refreshing (if so, why isn't there
> any blinking)?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brett

Greg Burns