Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Ruby: Result of a Japanese guy that just wanted to be happy programming and made a revolution

Ruby: Result of a Japanese guy that just wanted to be happy programming and made a revolution

zoat

Ruby - is a reflective Object Oriented (OO) dynamic language created by
Yukihiro Matsumoto (Matz) in Japan with the objective to rescue the fun
and happiness in programming, designed with principles (see below) to
free programmer's mind from the hindrances of that is usually should
belong to the compiler, leading him to behave more intuitively,
remaining thus the most important tool - the intelligence, and so
creativity, happiness, motivation and productivity.
http://holoflux.wordpress.com/2006/0...-a-revolution/

Dave Rose

zoat wrote:
> Ruby - is a reflective Object Oriented (OO) dynamic language created by
> Yukihiro Matsumoto (Matz) in Japan with the objective to rescue the fun
> and happiness in programming, designed with principles (see below) to
> free programmer's mind from the hindrances of that is usually should
> belong to the compiler, leading him to behave more intuitively,
> remaining thus the most important tool - the intelligence, and so
> creativity, happiness, motivation and productivity.
> http://holoflux.wordpress.com/2006/0...-a-revolution/

from my limited experience....and i haven't seen it mentioned here too
much
ruby cuts down the program's own internal data structures when using
containers
iterators and blocks... making it much easier to follow...

Martin DeMello

On 9/1/06, zoat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ruby - is a reflective Object Oriented (OO) dynamic language created by
> Yukihiro Matsumoto (Matz) in Japan with the objective to rescue the fun
> and happiness in programming, designed with principles (see below) to
> free programmer's mind from the hindrances of that is usually should
> belong to the compiler, leading him to behave more intuitively,
> remaining thus the most important tool - the intelligence, and so
> creativity, happiness, motivation and productivity.
> http://holoflux.wordpress.com/2006/0...-a-revolution/

Well-intentioned article, but it shows a fundamental misunderstanding
of DRY and POLS.

http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?DontRepeatYourself
http://www.artima.com/intv/ruby4.html
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PrincipleOfLeastAstonishment