Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] AP4R, Asynchronous Processing for Ruby, initial release

[ANN] AP4R, Asynchronous Processing for Ruby, initial release

We are pleased to announce the FIRST release of AP4R.

http://rubyforge.org/projects/ap4r/

== DESCRIPTION

AP4R, Asynchronous Processing for Ruby, is the implementation of
reliable asynchronous message processing. It provides message
queuing, and message dispatching.

Using asynchronous processing, we can cut down turn-around-time
of web applications by queuing, or can utilize more machine power
by load-balancing.

Also AP4R nicely ties with your Ruby on Rails applications.
See HelloWorld sample application from rubyforge.

== INSTALLATION

sudo gem install ap4r

== FEATURES

* Business logics can be implemented as simple Web applications,
or ruby code, whether it's called asynchronously or synchronously.

* Asynchronous messaging are reliable by RDBMS persistence (now
MySQL only) or file persistence.

* Load balancing over multiple AP4R processes on single/multiple servers
is supported.

* Asynchronous processes are called via various protocols, such
as XML-RPC, SOAP, HTTP PUT, and more. (now implemented just as XML-RPC)

== CHANGES

This is the first release!

== ACKNOWLEDGMENT

K.K. and S.S. are on the payroll of Future System Consulting Corp. Japan.

--
Kato, Kiwamu http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Shinohara, Shunichi (E-Mail Removed)

---------------------------------
SHINOHARA, Shun'ichi
Future System Consulting, Corp.
3-28-13 Shibuya Shibuya-Ku
Tokyo, JAPAN (ZIP 150-0002)
(E-Mail Removed)

Bob Hutchison

On Sep 1, 2006, at 2:21 AM, <(E-Mail Removed)>
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> We are pleased to announce the FIRST release of AP4R.
>
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/ap4r/
>

> == DESCRIPTION
>
> AP4R, Asynchronous Processing for Ruby, is the implementation of
> reliable asynchronous message processing. It provides message
> queuing, and message dispatching.

Interesting. And the timing is nice, I'm just seriously looking into
this sort of thing now. How does your project relate to <http://
rubyforge.org/projects/reliable-msg/>?

Cheers,
Bob

----
Bob Hutchison -- blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/
hutch/>
Recursive Design Inc. -- <http://www.recursive.ca/>
Raconteur -- <http://www.raconteur.info/>
xampl for Ruby -- <http://rubyforge.org/projects/xampl/>

Francis Cianfrocca

On 9/1/06, Bob Hutchison <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Interesting. And the timing is nice, I'm just seriously looking into
> this sort of thing now. How does your project relate to <http://
> rubyforge.org/projects/reliable-msg/>?

It's built on top of reliable-msg.

James Britt

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the FIRST release of AP4R.
>
> http://rubyforge.org/projects/ap4r/

Neat. Are there any online docs?

--
James Britt

>> Interesting. And the timing is nice, I'm just seriously looking into
>> this sort of thing now. How does your project relate to <http://
>> rubyforge.org/projects/reliable-msg/>?
>>

>It's built on top of reliable-msg.

Yes, it's completely owe message persistence to reliable-msg.
Main additional function of first version is dispatching messages
to Web server via XML-RPC.
So, we can build system with async processing just writing web
application e.g. with rails.

Another function is load-balancing amoung reliable-msg servers.
But its rather naive implementation, and doesn't work unless you
modify reliable-msg code a little.

Thank you for your interest!

Shinohara, Shunichi