Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > XML documentation

XML documentation

Mark

I have two projects in the same solution. One is a web project and the
other is a class library called "MyClassLibrary". I want to leverage
intellisense capabilities while using the class library in my web project.
The class library is configured in its project properties to generate an xml
file with the same name as the project. However, when I build the solution,
I get two error messages:

1. Could not copy temporary files to the output directory.
2. The file 'MyClassLibrary.xml' cannot be copied to the run directory. The
system cannot find the file specified.

The web project is named "MyWebProject" and is located in a virtual
directory of my standard wwwroot folder. The class library has defaulted to
a "Visual Studio Projects" folder in my My Documents folder. Every thing is
on my local C: drive, and no folders in the paths contain special characters
other than a few spaces. Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Mark

Peter Rilling

This usually means that one of the file that VS.NET builds is locked by some
process. Try closing out of VS.NET and then delete the "bin" folder for
your website. Then try compile your project again.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...