Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > File download script in ruby

File download script in ruby

Delia Deea

Hi!

Does anyone know if/how could a file download be automised with ruby?

thanks,
Delia

Delia Deea

Hi!

I'm trying to write a ruby script that tests a "print to pdf"
functionality...so, I have a list on my screen, and by pressing the
Print button, a PDF is generated...a file download window
appears...could I click Save on that window from Ruby?

Thanks

Paul Lutus wrote:
> Delia Deea wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> Does anyone know if/how could a file download be automised with ruby?

> Please provide more detail. Do you mean downloading across a local
> network,
> or from the Internet? What time intervals? What file size? What
> protocol?
> By "automised," do you mean automated?
>
> Chances are the answer is that this can be done easily. But without
> details,
> any reply is too vague to be useful.

Jan Svitok

On 8/21/06, Delia Deea <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to write a ruby script that tests a "print to pdf"
> functionality...so, I have a list on my screen, and by pressing the
> Print button, a PDF is generated...a file download window
> appears...could I click Save on that window from Ruby?

That seems more like a case for autoit
(http://www.hiddensoft.com/autoit3/downloads.php)
Eventually you can use autoit from ruby via autoitX dll and win32api or ruby/dl.

J.

Josselin

On 2006-08-21 11:46:19 +0200, Delia Deea <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to write a ruby script that tests a "print to pdf"
> functionality...so, I have a list on my screen, and by pressing the
> Print button, a PDF is generated...a file download window
> appears...could I click Save on that window from Ruby?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul Lutus wrote:
>> Delia Deea wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if/how could a file download be automised with ruby?

>> Please provide more detail. Do you mean downloading across a local network,
>> or from the Internet? What time intervals? What file size? What protocol?
>> By "automised," do you mean automated?
>>
>> Chances are the answer is that this can be done easily. But without details,
>> any reply is too vague to be useful.

It should be a client browser functionality... display -pdf then save
or print it

something like this plugin ? http://www.schubert-it.com/
I installed it into my Safari browser (yes I'm Mac..) and that's it...
look if any similar plugin exist for other browsers...