Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ASP.NET and frameset

ASP.NET and frameset

Goran Djuranovic

Hi everyone,
I have an ASP.NET application with NT authentication turned on. The default
page is an .HTM page with the frameset in it. Frameset contains 3 frames
(top, left, main), and each of those frames calls different .ASPX page. Now,
the problem is that the user gets prompted to login to the site three times,
once for each of the frames (.ASPX pages). I am pretty sure it is the
frameset causing this because, when I test each page individually, I get
prompted one time.

Does anyone know how to get around this?

--
Thanks for your time
Goran Djuranovic

ASP.Confused

Sounds like 3 separate session states are being created.

Are all of the aspx pages located on the same server, and within the same
BIN folder?
Are you using relative or absolute links for the frames?

As I have never used more than 1 aspx page within a frame, I cannot help you
out as much.

Sincerely,
ASP.Confused

"Goran Djuranovic" <djurag@mmcREMOVE_TO_MAIL.org> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everyone,
> I have an ASP.NET application with NT authentication turned on. The

default
> page is an .HTM page with the frameset in it. Frameset contains 3 frames
> (top, left, main), and each of those frames calls different .ASPX page.

Now,
> the problem is that the user gets prompted to login to the site three

times,
> once for each of the frames (.ASPX pages). I am pretty sure it is the
> frameset causing this because, when I test each page individually, I get
> prompted one time.
>
> Does anyone know how to get around this?
>
> --
> Thanks for your time
> Goran Djuranovic

bruce barker

change the frameset to an aspx page, so authentication happens before the
frameset is loaded.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Goran Djuranovic" <djurag@mmcREMOVE_TO_MAIL.org> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everyone,
> I have an ASP.NET application with NT authentication turned on. The

default
> page is an .HTM page with the frameset in it. Frameset contains 3 frames
> (top, left, main), and each of those frames calls different .ASPX page.

Now,
> the problem is that the user gets prompted to login to the site three

times,
> once for each of the frames (.ASPX pages). I am pretty sure it is the
> frameset causing this because, when I test each page individually, I get
> prompted one time.
>
> Does anyone know how to get around this?
>
> --
> Thanks for your time
> Goran Djuranovic

Goran Djuranovic

It's not the sessions because the application is not clustered across
multiple servers. I was able to get around the problem by converting the top
frame (TopFrame.aspx) into an .HTM file. The conversion worked in my case
because the "TopFrame.aspx" page contained only an image, and didn't use any
server side scripting.

Thanks for your response
Goran Djuranovic

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...