Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > bookmarks on the toolbar hosed

bookmarks on the toolbar hosed

Tony Rice

The bookmarks on my toolbar in Phoenix 0.7 disappeared on me. I tried
resetting that folder in my bookmarks as the toolbar folder but I dont see
an option for it. Also tried dragging a bookmark from the URL line to the
toolbar that didn't work either. The toolbar is a long blank space right
now.

Any ideas?

Leonidas Jones

Tony Rice wrote:

> The bookmarks on my toolbar in Phoenix 0.7 disappeared on me. I tried
> resetting that folder in my bookmarks as the toolbar folder but I dont see
> an option for it. Also tried dragging a bookmark from the URL line to the
> toolbar that didn't work either. The toolbar is a long blank space right
> now.
>
> Any ideas?

Do you mean the Bookmarks Toolbar, or the Bookmarks menu in the main
toolbar? If the former, does the latter work as expected?

Lee

Tony Rice

Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:_S2xb.114748$(E-Mail Removed):

> Tony Rice wrote:
>
>> The bookmarks on my toolbar in Phoenix 0.7 disappeared on me. I
>> tried resetting that folder in my bookmarks as the toolbar folder but
>> I dont see an option for it. Also tried dragging a bookmark from the
>> URL line to the toolbar that didn't work either. The toolbar is a
>> long blank space right now.
>>
>> Any ideas?

> Do you mean the Bookmarks Toolbar, or the Bookmarks menu in the main
> toolbar?

Yes

> If the former, does the latter work as expected?

Yes, the bookmarks menu in the main toolbar and all it's sub folders work
exactly as expected. It's the bookmarks toolbar itself that's gone
wonky.

Thanks,
Tony

Tony Rice

Tony Rice <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Leonidas Jones <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:_S2xb.114748$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Tony Rice wrote:
>>
>>> The bookmarks on my toolbar in Phoenix 0.7 disappeared on me. I
>>> tried resetting that folder in my bookmarks as the toolbar folder
>>> but I dont see an option for it. Also tried dragging a bookmark
>>> from the URL line to the toolbar that didn't work either. The
>>> toolbar is a long blank space right now.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?

>> Do you mean the Bookmarks Toolbar, or the Bookmarks menu in the main
>> toolbar?

> Yes
>
>> If the former, does the latter work as expected?

> Yes, the bookmarks menu in the main toolbar and all it's sub folders
> work exactly as expected. It's the bookmarks toolbar itself that's
> gone wonky.
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

I got it fixed. Something hosed with the bookmark file itself. I moved
the contents of D:\Documents and Settings\<userid>\Application Data\Phoenix
elsewhere and then started Mozilla back up.

I then imported the old bookmarks file into the newly created bookmark
file. I tried setting the old toolbar folder to be the toolbar folder and
the problem returned.

I then nuked the contents of the Phoenix folder above, restarted, and let
it create a new bookmarks file. This time afer importing the old bookmarks
file, I dragged the contents of the old toolbar folder into the newly
created toolbar folder and all is well again.

Comparing the 2 html files:

Doesn't work:
<h3 LAST_MODIFIED="1051252275" PERSONAL_TOOLBAR_FOLDER="true" ID="rdf:#
$kS.mr">Personal Toolbar Folder</h3>

Does work:
<h3 LAST_MODIFIED="1069861157" ID="NCersonalToolbarFolder">Bookmarks
Toolbar Folder</h3>

Is this an old format for the bookmark file?

Derald

Tony Rice <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The bookmarks on my toolbar in Phoenix 0.7 disappeared on me.

The Personal Toolbar folder just disappeared on me in Mozilla v1.6,
too. The toolbar is blank and the folder is completely gone from the
file. I am here in hopes of detemining why.
--
Derald Martin