Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > FxRuby FxChoiceBox segfault

Reply
Thread Tools

FxRuby FxChoiceBox segfault

 
 
Leslie Viljoen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2006
Hello!

I am trying the following:

puts FXChoiceBox.ask(@app, 0, "Export to database?",
"#{exp.devices.length} records accepted, #{exp.rejected} records
rejected.\n" +
"Would you like to continue with the export?", nil, ["Yes", "No"])

...and getting:

D:/Work/Workspace/Massage/publish_to_hub.rb:277: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.4 (2006-04-14) [i386-mswin32]

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. This is with FxRuby1.6 that
comes with the latest Ruby one-click installer.

Any ideas?

I am finding the documentation to be a bit lacking in practical
information. Is there a place on the web where there are more FxRuby
EXAMPLES than the few that come with FxRuby?

Les

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Lyle Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2006
On 8/7/06, Leslie Viljoen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I am trying the following:
>
> puts FXChoiceBox.ask(@app, 0, "Export to database?",
> "#{exp.devices.length} records accepted, #{exp.rejected} records
> rejected.\n" +
> "Would you like to continue with the export?", nil, ["Yes", "No"])
>
> ...and getting:
>
> D:/Work/Workspace/Massage/publish_to_hub.rb:277: [BUG] Segmentation fault
> ruby 1.8.4 (2006-04-14) [i386-mswin32]
>
> I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. This is with FxRuby1.6 that
> comes with the latest Ruby one-click installer.


Looks like a bug, but I can reproduce it on Windows only (not on Mac
OS X). Anyways, I've filed a bug report on your behalf and hopefully
we'll get this fixed in the next release.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Leslie Viljoen
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2006
On 8/7/06, Lyle Johnson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 8/7/06, Leslie Viljoen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I am trying the following:
> >
> > puts FXChoiceBox.ask(@app, 0, "Export to database?",
> > "#{exp.devices.length} records accepted, #{exp.rejected} records
> > rejected.\n" +
> > "Would you like to continue with the export?", nil, ["Yes", "No"])
> >
> > ...and getting:
> >
> > D:/Work/Workspace/Massage/publish_to_hub.rb:277: [BUG] Segmentation fault
> > ruby 1.8.4 (2006-04-14) [i386-mswin32]
> >
> > I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. This is with FxRuby1.6 that
> > comes with the latest Ruby one-click installer.

>
> Looks like a bug, but I can reproduce it on Windows only (not on Mac
> OS X). Anyways, I've filed a bug report on your behalf and hopefully
> we'll get this fixed in the next release.


Thanks! In the meantime I duplicated what I wanted with a MessageBox.
I have also started adding some FxRuby snippets to
programmingishard.com - although I see the original Code Snippets
(http://www.bigbold.com/snippets/) is bigger, so I might start adding
there.

I think we need examples for as much of FxRuby as possible.

Les

 
Reply With Quote
 
Lyle Johnson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      08-07-2006
On 8/7/06, Leslie Viljoen <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I think we need examples for as much of FxRuby as possible.


A lot of people say that, but very few of them do anything about it.
Thank you for adding some of your examples to those sites that you
mentioned!

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
invoking a segfault within a segfault handler - is this undefinedbehavior? Andrey Vul C Programming 8 07-30-2010 02:14 PM
[ANN] At InfoQ: Interview about FXRuby, plus an exclusive chapterfrom the FXRuby Book Lyle Johnson Ruby 0 05-20-2008 02:32 PM
FXRuby and OLE container ? Jérôme Hauss Ruby 0 08-14-2003 08:38 AM
FXRuby Popup problem (runnable script inside) Recheis Meinrad Ruby 0 08-04-2003 10:21 AM
FXRuby Debian Package? Hans Fugal Ruby 1 06-29-2003 07:33 AM



Advertisments