Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Ruby SOAP Client Question

Ruby SOAP Client Question

gregarican

I am attempting to write a small SOAP client script using Ruby 1.8.2
for Windows. The SOAP server will be located on the other side of an
authenticating proxy server. I see there's a #setHttpProxy method
available that I can use to specify the host and the port. Is there a
quick and easy way to set the username and password? I tried using
http://username(E-Mail Removed) as the URL but no luck.

Any suggestions?

Chris McMahon

gregarican wrote:
> I am attempting to write a small SOAP client script using Ruby 1.8.2
> for Windows. The SOAP server will be located on the other side of an
> authenticating proxy server. I see there's a #setHttpProxy method
> available that I can use to specify the host and the port. Is there a
> quick and easy way to set the username and password? I tried using
> http://username(E-Mail Removed) as the URL but no luck.
>
> Any suggestions?

See
http://chrismcmahonsblog.blogspot.co...n-in-ruby.html
for instructions on basic authentication.

-Chris

gregarican

Thanks for submitting this. What you have posted appears to deal with a
WSDL service that requires client authentication. I am talking about a
proxy server that sits between the client and the WSDL service. Right
now I am noodling around with SOAP::Env.getenv('http_proxy') to see if
I can get the usernameassword portion of the URI to parse out so I
can use the #setHttpProxy method. We'll see...

Chris McMahon wrote:
> gregarican wrote:
> > I am attempting to write a small SOAP client script using Ruby 1.8.2
> > for Windows. The SOAP server will be located on the other side of an
> > authenticating proxy server. I see there's a #setHttpProxy method
> > available that I can use to specify the host and the port. Is there a
> > quick and easy way to set the username and password? I tried using
> > http://username(E-Mail Removed) as the URL but no luck.
> >
> > Any suggestions?

> See
> http://chrismcmahonsblog.blogspot.co...n-in-ruby.html
> for instructions on basic authentication.
>
> -Chris

Kenosis

gregarican wrote:
> Thanks for submitting this. What you have posted appears to deal with a
> WSDL service that requires client authentication. I am talking about a
> proxy server that sits between the client and the WSDL service. Right
> now I am noodling around with SOAP::Env.getenv('http_proxy') to see if
> I can get the usernameassword portion of the URI to parse out so I
> can use the #setHttpProxy method. We'll see...
>
> Chris McMahon wrote:
> > gregarican wrote:
> > > I am attempting to write a small SOAP client script using Ruby 1.8.2
> > > for Windows. The SOAP server will be located on the other side of an
> > > authenticating proxy server. I see there's a #setHttpProxy method
> > > available that I can use to specify the host and the port. Is there a
> > > quick and easy way to set the username and password? I tried using
> > > http://username(E-Mail Removed) as the URL but no luck.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions?

> > See
> > http://chrismcmahonsblog.blogspot.co...n-in-ruby.html
> > for instructions on basic authentication.
> >
> > -Chris

Would SOAP::HTTPConfigLoader::set_basic_auth(...) be of any help with
this? (Just a shot in the dark - I've only done a little w/soap and it
was a while back.)

Ken