Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Populate Gtk::TreeView?

Populate Gtk::TreeView?

Stephen Branley

Hi,

I'm in need of a Gtk::TreeView in an application. I create the treeview
and add it to my window (and the blank widget is indeed there) but I
can't seem to add anything to the treeview. I create a treestore, get
the iterator and use that to add data, but it doesn't seem to work, and
the tree isn't updated. Where am I going wrong?

Thanks

Kenosis

Stephen Branley wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in need of a Gtk::TreeView in an application. I create the treeview
> and add it to my window (and the blank widget is indeed there) but I
> can't seem to add anything to the treeview. I create a treestore, get
> the iterator and use that to add data, but it doesn't seem to work, and
> the tree isn't updated. Where am I going wrong?
>
> Thanks

Posting the code could help us to help you.

Ken

Detlef Reichl

Am Samstag, den 15.07.2006, 04:57 +0900 schrieb Stephen Branley:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in need of a Gtk::TreeView in an application. I create the treeview
> and add it to my window (and the blank widget is indeed there) but I
> can't seem to add anything to the treeview. I create a treestore, get
> the iterator and use that to add data, but it doesn't seem to work, and
> the tree isn't updated. Where am I going wrong?

Hi,

there could different faults.

First you have to attache renderers to the view-colums. Than you have to
take care, that the renderer get notified when the model get changed.

Take a look at the treeview-example at

http://ruby-gnome2.sourceforge.jp/hiki.cgi?tut-treeview

If you have further questions, please send the relevant parts of your
code.

Cheers
detlef