Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Wireless mouse just stopped working

Wireless mouse just stopped working

Joe J

MS CEO 560 wireless mouse. Win 7. It just stopped working.
I have replaced batteries
I have uninstalled drivers
Clean boot didn't help
Device manager sees it and re installs when I plug it into usb, says device
is working properly and drivers are up to date.
I have relinked using the button on the receiver and power light is on
Optical lights are lit on bottom of mouse.
Only about 2 years old.

Any thoughts?

Jeff Strickland

"Joe J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jfrqon$b5b$(E-Mail Removed)...
> MS CEO 560 wireless mouse. Win 7. It just stopped working.
> I have replaced batteries
> I have uninstalled drivers
> Clean boot didn't help
> Device manager sees it and re installs when I plug it into usb, says
> device is working properly and drivers are up to date.
> I have relinked using the button on the receiver and power light is on
> Optical lights are lit on bottom of mouse.
> Only about 2 years old.
>
> Any thoughts?

Move the mouse to another computer, if it still doesn't work, move it to the
trash can.

Joe J

"Jeff Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jfrum3$3od$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Joe J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jfrqon$b5b$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> MS CEO 560 wireless mouse. Win 7. It just stopped working.
>> I have replaced batteries
>> I have uninstalled drivers
>> Clean boot didn't help
>> Device manager sees it and re installs when I plug it into usb, says
>> device is working properly and drivers are up to date.
>> I have relinked using the button on the receiver and power light is on
>> Optical lights are lit on bottom of mouse.
>> Only about 2 years old.
>>
>> Any thoughts?

> Move the mouse to another computer, if it still doesn't work, move it to
> the trash can.

Looks like trash can it is

meagain

Joe J wrote:

> "Jeff Strickland" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:jfrum3$3od$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "Joe J" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:jfrqon$b5b$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> MS CEO 560 wireless mouse. Win 7. It just stopped working.
>>> I have replaced batteries
>>> I have uninstalled drivers
>>> Clean boot didn't help
>>> Device manager sees it and re installs when I plug it into usb, says device is
>>> working properly and drivers are up to date.
>>> I have relinked using the button on the receiver and power light is on
>>> Optical lights are lit on bottom of mouse.
>>> Only about 2 years old.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?

>> Move the mouse to another computer, if it still doesn't work, move it to the trash
>> can.
>>

> Looks like trash can it is

Had same problem - do you suppose it was static electricity or just time-on-the-job?