Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Ruby Compiler(s) and

Ruby Compiler(s) and

forrie@gmail.com

This topic has been discussed before on this list, however the replies
are disabled (age).

New to Ruby, I am curious whether future versions of the language may
support storing byte-compiled versions of code, similar to Python.

filename.rb
filename.rbc

I wonder what implications this may have in an Enterprise situation
where the application needs to scale and perform better (a la
mod_ruby). PHP has applications like phpaccelerator that stores
byte-compiled code, for example.

Thanks.

Austin Ziegler

On 7/7/06, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> New to Ruby, I am curious whether future versions of the language may
> support storing byte-compiled versions of code, similar to Python.
>
> filename.rb
> filename.rbc
>
> I wonder what implications this may have in an Enterprise situation
> where the application needs to scale and perform better (a la
> mod_ruby). PHP has applications like phpaccelerator that stores
> byte-compiled code, for example.

Do a google search for YARV.

-austin
--