Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > What's the purpose of the helper cache and is there a way to just turn off helper cache-ing?

What's the purpose of the helper cache and is there a way to just turn off helper cache-ing?

kevin

I know this could be a stupid question, but I googled and couldn't find
a good answer. Is there any way to just turn off RoR's damn helper
cache-ing? It's seriously annoying. I can't even see the point of it.
Does it actually serve a purpose other than to make my life miserable?

Kairi Zikpin

kevin wrote:
> I know this could be a stupid question, but I googled and couldn't find
> a good answer. Is there any way to just turn off RoR's damn helper
> cache-ing? It's seriously annoying. I can't even see the point of it.
> Does it actually serve a purpose other than to make my life miserable?

improved performance?
how is it annoying?

(I'm sure they were not thinking of you when they created it )