Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > where to get started?

where to get started?

h00ligan

I'm an MCSE, with great html skill, decent css, flash, graphics.. but
something that has been constantly missing is dynamic pages. I am
trying to choose between asp/sql and php/mySQL.

In New York where I am now, it's a 50/50 split. However, I'm moving
back to Arizona, where it's nearly all MS in corp environments.

So that tips me to the ASP solution.

That said.. where do I start? I have googled asp tutorials but they
already assume knowledge I just don't have. Where are the true
beginner walkthrough, tutorials, explanations?

Anyone have book recommendations, cbt courses?

Thanks for helping a NEWB out.

-h

Mike Smith

enroll urself in a training course ?

cant get anymore basic than learning from this site... wonderfull resources
here...

http://www.w3schools.com/aspnet/default.asp

MS should have a couple of links also with support of webcasts and a virtual
hands on lab to try out stuff.. cant remember the link.. maybe one of the
MVPs cant point the way...

--
Regards,
Mike

"h00ligan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> I'm an MCSE, with great html skill, decent css, flash, graphics.. but
> something that has been constantly missing is dynamic pages. I am
> trying to choose between asp/sql and php/mySQL.
>
> In New York where I am now, it's a 50/50 split. However, I'm moving
> back to Arizona, where it's nearly all MS in corp environments.
>
> So that tips me to the ASP solution.
>
> That said.. where do I start? I have googled asp tutorials but they
> already assume knowledge I just don't have. Where are the true
> beginner walkthrough, tutorials, explanations?
>
> Anyone have book recommendations, cbt courses?
>
> Thanks for helping a NEWB out.
>
> -h

---

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQgQ29lLCBNQ0FE?=