Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Help while error "Error while trying to run project:"

Help while error "Error while trying to run project:"

David

Lately I have been getting the following error with all of my web
applications, in debug and release mode.

"Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web
server. Could not start ASP.NET or ATL Server debugging.

Verify that ASP.NET or ATL Server is correctly installed on the server."

I can create a brand new hello world web application and this happens. Any
ideas?
I am running Windows XP Pro, VS.NET 2003

David

p.s. I have already looked up this error in KB but didn't find anything that
pertained.

David

The "ASP.NET debugging" is checked and my directory is virtual.

This has happen to ALL of my applications, even ones that I havent touched
in months. So I dont think its any setting in a particular project, I think
its a computer setting that might of changed. Any ideas? Something in
machine.config?

"Tampa .NET Koder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Make sure in your project properties that asp.net debugging is enabled and

also make sure that your application is set up as a virtual directory in
IIS. I have had this issue before, and this took care of it