Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Will SP2 interfere with the webservice.htc?

Will SP2 interfere with the webservice.htc?

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi,

I saw that the webservice.htc behaviour is no longer being supported. Will
web apps written using it still function when the XP service pack 2 rolls
out? Thanks. Ken.

bruce barker

not by default. all active/x controls (including xmlhttp used by the web
behavior) will be disabled by default. you will need to convince your users
to turn it on for your site. you could switch to netscape which has builtin
webservice support.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Ken Dopierala Jr." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I saw that the webservice.htc behaviour is no longer being supported.

Will
> web apps written using it still function when the XP service pack 2 rolls
> out? Thanks. Ken.

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Where can I find documentation on this? I looked at
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../sp2brows.mspx
and it shows that ActiveX controls need to be trusted. But it does not say
that Microsoft controls will be automatically untrusted. The cool thing is
that at the bottom of the screen there will be a (blocked ActiveX) controls
icon accomanpied by a balloon (the first 5 times) that let's users change
this behaviour. So it looks both secure and makes it easy for users to
change their settings. Has anyone tested what this document says with the
Release Candidate? Does it work slick? Thanks. Ken.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...