Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Ruby Standard GUI

Ruby Standard GUI

aidy

Hello

I downloaded Ruby yesterday as I will need it for a web test-tool I may
use: Watir.

I have been going through a 21 days book, and it suggests using tcl for
a Ruby GUI.

Is there no standard GUI API, or is 'Matz' or anyone planning to
develop one?

Aidy

James Herdman

On 2006-04-16 10:40:48 -0400, "aidy" <(E-Mail Removed)> said:

> Hello
>
> I downloaded Ruby yesterday as I will need it for a web test-tool I may
> use: Watir.
>
> I have been going through a 21 days book, and it suggests using tcl for
> a Ruby GUI.
>
> Is there no standard GUI API, or is 'Matz' or anyone planning to
> develop one?
>
> Aidy

No, there isn't. TCL, and GTK+ are often mentioned as being used on
this group. People tend to just use whatever they feel most
comfortable with. If you do some searching in the Google Groups
archive of this group (http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby),
you'll find a lot of neat links on the matter. This article
(http://www.digitalhobbit.com/archive...y-gui-support/)
discusses a few of the toolkits and has plenty of links and a brief
discussion.

Best of luck,

James H.