Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > slow pages after certain amount of idle time...

slow pages after certain amount of idle time...

Jim

I know about and expect the first time an asp.net is viewed that the JIT
compiler willc ompile the page and hence the slow response time for the
page, but after a certain amount of time my asp.net is very slow to load a
page again and then everything is fine again - why is this?

Cheers

Jim

chanmmn

Your hardware resources matter here. Make sure you have it enough before
trace other factors.

chanmm

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I know about and expect the first time an asp.net is viewed that the JIT
> compiler willc ompile the page and hence the slow response time for the
> page, but after a certain amount of time my asp.net is very slow to load a
> page again and then everything is fine again - why is this?
>
> Cheers
>
> Jim

bruce barker

after a specified amount of inactivity (see machine or web config) the
appdomain is unload by asp.net. the next page reference requires a reload.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...