Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Help Ruby Emacs on Ubuntu

Help Ruby Emacs on Ubuntu

pcslen@comcast.net

Hi All

I know I am trying to tackle to many thing at once but it just the way
it is.

I would like to learn Ruby and I have purchased a couple of books (I
know a couple of other languages so I am not new to programming). I
would like to use Emacs to do my Ruby coding and testing I am also
learning Emacs at the same time. Could someone please help me get
Emacs setup for Ruby. A link with detailed instructions would be fine
as long as the detail instruction approach it from newbie Ruby, newbie
Emacs and Newbie Linux(Ubuntu).

Len Sumnler

Roy Sutton

You might try:

http://rubygarden.org/ruby?InstallingEmacsExtensions

and

http://rubygarden.org/ruby?EmacsExtensions

Roy

> Hi All
>
> I know I am trying to tackle to many thing at once but it just the way
> it is.
>
> I would like to learn Ruby and I have purchased a couple of books (I
> know a couple of other languages so I am not new to programming). I
> would like to use Emacs to do my Ruby coding and testing I am also
> learning Emacs at the same time. Could someone please help me get
> Emacs setup for Ruby. A link with detailed instructions would be fine
> as long as the detail instruction approach it from newbie Ruby, newbie
> Emacs and Newbie Linux(Ubuntu).
>
> Len Sumnler

Pia Kraft

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi All

-- snip --
> A link with detailed instructions would be fine
> as long as the detail instruction approach it from newbie Ruby, newbie
> Emacs and Newbie Linux(Ubuntu).
>
> Len Sumnler

Open a terminal and type 'sudo apt-get install ruby-elisp'

best
Pia

pcslen@comcast.net

Thanks