Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > gems for capturing video?

gems for capturing video?

Kev Jackson

Hi,

I'm looking into the possibility of using ruby to drive a video capture
of an application in use. Does anyone know of any gems/libs that would
be useful for this project? (unfortunately I'm stuck on windows)

My thinking is that at the worst case I could use win32ole lib and drive
a video capture program (snagit etc) through that, but I'm looking for
something a little more rubyish

Any help greatly appreciated
Thanks
Kev

Joe Percival

Kev Jackson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking into the possibility of using ruby to drive a video capture
> of an application in use. Does anyone know of any gems/libs that would
> be useful for this project? (unfortunately I'm stuck on windows)
>
> My thinking is that at the worst case I could use win32ole lib and drive
> a video capture program (snagit etc) through that, but I'm looking for
> something a little more rubyish
>
> Any help greatly appreciated
> Thanks
> Kev

Bump...
Me too. I have a system with a BT878 based 4 Port DVR card and
associated WDM driver running on Win XP. Currently using py software
Active Webcam but would like to capture shots directly from Ruby if
possible.
joe

Creating binary gems, from source gems Patrick Hurley Ruby 0 03-04-2007 09:47 PM
Problem getting gems/listing gems. EINVAL Thaddeus L Olczyk Ruby 0 08-15-2006 05:26 AM
Gems -- #include <gems.hpp> Tomás C++ 7 03-05-2006 02:48 PM
'private' gems/gems hierarchy Dany Cayouette Ruby 3 11-25-2005 10:55 PM
Confusion about gems and non-gems working together. Lloyd Zusman Ruby 3 06-20-2005 11:23 PM

Advertisments