Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Ruby HTML Tools - ruby-htmltools Examples

Ruby HTML Tools - ruby-htmltools Examples

joes

Hi,
I have searched a lot of sites and newsgroups on the best approach to
build a simple screen scraper/HTML parser with Ruby. I've gone down
the road of using ruby-htmltools (http://bike-nomad.com/ruby/).
However there is a big scarcity of any documentation on this and I was
looking for any examples which anyone may have that I could learn from.
Thanks.
Joe

James Britt

joes wrote:
> Hi,
> I have searched a lot of sites and newsgroups on the best approach to
> build a simple screen scraper/HTML parser with Ruby. I've gone down
> the road of using ruby-htmltools (http://bike-nomad.com/ruby/).
> However there is a big scarcity of any documentation on this and I was
> looking for any examples which anyone may have that I could learn from.

I use Mechanize to grab content from several Cafe Press sites and
reassemble them into rubystuff.com

http://neurogami.com/cafe-fetcher/

--
James Britt