Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > SOAP Problem...

SOAP Problem...

Jeff LaMarche

I'm using the SOAP::RPC:river to access a web service for which I
don't have a WSDL (actually, there is one, but it's not well formed
and it the WSDLDriverFactory chokes on it).

So, I create the driver:

QUERY_URL = "http://209.27.15.27/services/Query"
stub = SOAP::RPC:river.new(QUERY_URL)

Now I add a method. This method takes three parameters: a string, a
long, and a long

stub.add_method('getModuleList', 'securityToken', 'userId', 'companyId')

Then I call the method. The problem is, the XML that's getting
created is specifying int instead of long for the second and third
parameter:

queryRet = stub.getModuleList(security_token, user_id.to_i,
company_id.to_i)

which results in:

#<SOAP::Mapping::Object:0x104d7cc>: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad
types (int -> long) (SOAP::FaultError)

Is there any way to "force" it to specify that these parameters are
long? It seems to only work correctly if user_id and company_id are
big enough to force it to go to a Bignum. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Jeff

any library for SOAP 1.1 or SOAP 1.2? Amogh Hooshdar Python 1 03-11-2008 09:29 PM
SOAP Request is repeated in the SOAP response. comp.text.xml XML 0 09-20-2006 08:41 AM
SOAP over JMS vs SOAP over HTTP Nagesh Java 2 08-12-2006 12:31 AM
To SOAP or Not To SOAP? mooseshoes XML 3 09-21-2003 04:38 PM
SOAP Client creation in ASP.NET using MS SOAP Toolkit Sham Ramakrishnan ASP .Net 2 07-01-2003 11:29 AM

Advertisments