Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > how do I switch profile?

how do I switch profile?

joost68

Hello,
I experienced various problems when switching from 1.4 to 1.5. I've
understood that making another profile would solve the problems. So I've
created another profile, but ...
How do I import mails, accounts and addresssbook from one profile into
another?
Thanks in advance,
Joost

Leonidas Jones

joost68 wrote:
> Hello,
> I experienced various problems when switching from 1.4 to 1.5. I've
> understood that making another profile would solve the problems. So I've
> created another profile, but ...
> How do I import mails, accounts and addresssbook from one profile into
> another?
> Thanks in advance,
> Joost

Easiest way, set up up all your accounts in the new profile. With
Mozilla closed, copy the files named Inbox, without extensions, from
your old profiles mail folder. Paste them into your new profiles mail
folder, overwriting the ones already there. This transfer your old mail.

Copy abook.mab from your slt folder, and paste it into the new profile's
slt folder, overwritng the one that's there. This tranfers your
addressbook. You can bring over your bookmarks by doing the same with
bookmarks.html.

You can transfer the account settings too, but it involves editing
prefs.js, and it is usually just as quick to recreate them as I said.

Lee

--
Leonidas Jones
Mozilla Champion

http://mozilla.org

joost68

Leonidas Jones schreef:
> Easiest way, set up up all your accounts in the new profile. With
> Mozilla closed, copy the files named Inbox, without extensions, from
> your old profiles mail folder. Paste them into your new profiles mail
> folder, overwriting the ones already there. This transfer your old mail.
>
> Copy abook.mab from your slt folder, and paste it into the new profile's
> slt folder, overwritng the one that's there. This tranfers your
> addressbook. You can bring over your bookmarks by doing the same with
> bookmarks.html.
>
> You can transfer the account settings too, but it involves editing
> prefs.js, and it is usually just as quick to recreate them as I said.
>
> Lee

Thanks for the info. I will try it out.
Cheers,
Joost