Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Unix file desciptors

Unix file desciptors

Lorenzo Chomp

--0-178049897-1142393628=:87902

Hi! I'm new on this list, and right now I'm wondering something... Do=
es somedy know if Ruby streams are Unix File Descriptor's compatible? I n=
eed to use a file descriptor opened by another process (a daemon written =
in C). I'm reading about the IO class, it seems to have a method that all=
ows creating an IO object using a file descriptor (an integer) as a param=
eter. But I see that File has something similar (I guess that Files is a =
subcclass of IO). I'm new at Ruby, so I'm not sure about its internals.=20
Does somebody know something about this? Thanks.
=20
=09
1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
Abr=ED tu cuenta aqu=ED