Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Manipulating large audio files.

Manipulating large audio files.

Alex Polite

Hi.

I'm looking for a ruby library to manipulate large audio files (>
1GB). The files will typically be too large to hold in RAM. I need to
be able to stretch the files by very small amounts (like half a second
over the course of an hour.) I also need to pad with silence.

alex

--
Alex Polite
http://flosspick.org - finding the right open source

ara.t.howard@noaa.gov

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006, Alex Polite wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm looking for a ruby library to manipulate large audio files (>
> 1GB). The files will typically be too large to hold in RAM. I need to
> be able to stretch the files by very small amounts (like half a second
> over the course of an hour.) I also need to pad with silence.
>
> alex

check out gridflow.

-a

--
judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- h.h. the 14th dali lama

Ramon Tayag

Hi everyone,

I checked out gridflow but it seems to be used only for video or
pictures.

See: http://gridflow.ca/latest/doc/format.../Movie_Formats

What do you guys use when you need to edit or handle large mp3 files
with Ruby?