Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Themes for Mozilla 1.5

Themes for Mozilla 1.5

Alvaro G Vicario

Are there any themes available that work in Mozilla 1.5, apart from Classic
and Modern? It's either I'm not good searching or theme authors have given
up creating themes that stop working in new releases.

Since I like apps that use system colours, right now I only have the
Classic theme to choose from. I've been using it since 1997 and I'm really
bored of it. I'd try to create one myself but it seems you need to be an
experienced programmer... *yuk*

-- Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain

Robin T Cox

Alvaro G Vicario <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
newsvx8v85v9w6n.pk4e0ag6n4m5$(E-Mail Removed):

> Are there any themes available that work in Mozilla 1.5, apart from
> Classic and Modern?

In Mozilla, use Edit/Preferences/Appearance/Themes and click on Get New
Themes to access this page:
http://mozilla.org/themes/download/

- where you'll find some helpful links to more themes.

Alvaro G Vicario

*** Robin T Cox wrote/escribió (Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:14:27 GMT):
> In Mozilla, use Edit/Preferences/Appearance/Themes and click on Get New
> Themes to access this page:
> http://mozilla.org/themes/download/

It's the first place I've searched. There're many themes but none work
under Mozilla 1.5-only previous versions or Mozilla FireBird.

-- Álvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain

Keith Bowes

Alvaro G Vicario wrote:
> Are there any themes available that work in Mozilla 1.5, apart from Classic
> and Modern? It's either I'm not good searching or theme authors have given
> up creating themes that stop working in new releases.

A lot of themes have been updated, some haven't. I'm using LittleMozilla.

> Since I like apps that use system colours, right now I only have the
> Classic theme to choose from. I've been using it since 1997 and I'm really
> bored of it. I'd try to create one myself but it seems you need to be an
> experienced programmer... *yuk*

Updating a theme only takes a bit of knowledge in CSS and RDF.

Robin T Cox

Alvaro G Vicario <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> *** Robin T Cox wrote/escribió (Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:14:27 GMT):
>> In Mozilla, use Edit/Preferences/Appearance/Themes and click on Get New
>> Themes to access this page:
>> http://mozilla.org/themes/download/

> It's the first place I've searched. There're many themes but none work
> under Mozilla 1.5-only previous versions or Mozilla FireBird.

That's strange. At http://themes.mozdev.org/ there are many 1.5/6 themes,
and on my Moz 1.6a setup I have installed LittleMozilla 1.6 and NautiPolis
1.5, both of which work fine!

Cornelius Scarecrow

>Are there any themes available that work in Mozilla 1.5, apart from Classic
>and Modern?

Modest gallery of updated themes, available here:

http://users.imag.net/~crowkeep/mozilla/mozilla.html

Compatible with Mozilla 1.5+

- CS esq.