Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > RubyCocoa and DarwinPorts Ruby?

RubyCocoa and DarwinPorts Ruby?

John N. Alegre

Can anyone point me to potential problems with setting up a RubyCocoa
Framework if Ruby has been installed with DarwinPorts and thus resides
in /opt/local?

All comments welcome
john

jeem@hughesorama.com

The easy way is to install RubyCocoa from DarwinPorts as well. The
port name is rb-cocoa.

Jim

John N. Alegre

Jim,

Your a gem!

The hardest part about DarwinPorts is finding a given package in the port
name list. I guess rb-cocoa is not that far off, compared to some, but
thanks for the pointer.

If I do such does it install all the examples and framework templetes
in /opt/local? .. and does X Code now know where to find them?

Peace
john

> The easy way is to install RubyCocoa from DarwinPorts as well.Â*Â*The
> port name is rb-cocoa.
>
> Jim

jeem@hughesorama.com

The /Developer stuff will still go to /Developer. XCode seems happy
enough.

Jim