Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] Calgary Ruby Users Society (CRUSERS)

[ANN] Calgary Ruby Users Society (CRUSERS)

Alexey Verkhovsky

Calgary Ruby Users Society (otherwise known as Association of Anonymous
Java Programmers, Calgary branch) had it's first meeting today. After a
round of introductions, we discussed our interests and brainstormed
possible activities for the group. Paul Rogers did a presentation on
Watir [http://wtr.rubyforge.org/]. Watir is not just a great tool, but
also a way to sneak Ruby into your day job. ThoughtWorks Canada bought
the donuts.

From now on, we are planning to meet once a month, generally on the
third Tuesday. Our next meeting will be in the second half of March
(date TBD), most probably a joint meeting with CJUG (Calgary Java Users
Group). The subject of the meeting will be Rails (but of course!)

So, if you like Ruby and live in Calgary, you are most welcome to join us.
Please subscribe to CRUSERS Yahoo Group:
And once you subscribe, consider posting an introductory message,
describing your programming background, how do you use Ruby, and what
would you like to do in CRUSERS.

Best regards,
Alex Verkhovsky