Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > perl equiv.

perl equiv.

Tom Allison

I'm looking for something equivelant to the perl modules:
Net::Server.

It's rather complete as a server.
Not sure what comparable items might be available for Ruby.

I'm putting something together in Perl because that's what I know best, but I
would like to port it to Ruby. It's based on a postgresql DBI interface and a
Net::Server:reFork interface.

suggestions?

Robert Klemme

2006/2/20, Tom Allison <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> I'm looking for something equivelant to the perl modules:
> Net::Server.
>
> It's rather complete as a server.
> Not sure what comparable items might be available for Ruby.
>
> I'm putting something together in Perl because that's what I know best, b=

ut I
> would like to port it to Ruby. It's based on a postgresql DBI interface =

and a
> Net::Server:reFork interface.
>
> suggestions?

Do these help?

Net::TCPServer
DBI

robert

Tom Allison

Robert Klemme wrote:
> 2006/2/20, Tom Allison <(E-Mail Removed)>:
>
>>I'm looking for something equivelant to the perl modules:
>>Net::Server.
>>
>>It's rather complete as a server.
>>Not sure what comparable items might be available for Ruby.
>>
>>I'm putting something together in Perl because that's what I know best, but I
>>would like to port it to Ruby. It's based on a postgresql DBI interface and a
>>Net::Server:reFork interface.
>>
>>suggestions?

> Do these help?
>
> Net::TCPServer
> DBI
>
> robert

This is frustrating.
I installed the debian package for ruby dbi but there's nothing in the 'ri'
docs. Is this a part of the stdlib?

http://www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/
doesn't give much useful information in the docs.
just a list of methods under dbm with no examples, format, args, words of any
kind...

ugh?

Austin Ziegler

T24gMi8yNS8wNiwgVG9tIEFsbGlzb24gPHRhbGxpc29uQHRhY2 9jYXQubmV0PiB3cm90ZToKPiBU
aGlzIGlzIGZydXN0cmF0aW5nLiBJIGluc3RhbGxlZCB0aGUgZG ViaWFuIHBhY2thZ2UgZm9yIHJ1
YnkgZGJpIGJ1dCB0aGVyZSdzIG5vdGhpbmcgaW4gdGhlICdyaS cKPiBkb2NzLiAgSXMgdGhpcyBh
IHBhcnQgb2YgdGhlIHN0ZGxpYj8KCk5vLiBSdWJ5J3MgREJJIG lzIGEgc2VwYXJhdGUgcHJvamVj
dCBhbmQgbm90IHBhcnQgb2YgdGhlIFJ1Ynkgc3RkbGliLgpyaS Bkb2N1bWVudGF0aW9uIGlzIGFs
c28gbm90IHR5cGljYWxseSB1cGRhdGVkLiBJIGZpbmQgdGhhdC BkZWJpYW4KcGFja2FnZXMgYXJl
IHVzdWFsbHkgb3V0IG9mIGRhdGUgYW5kIHRoZSBEQkkgdGVhbS BoYXMganVzdCByZWNlbnRseQpo
YWQgYSBuZXcgcmVsZWFzZS4gU2VlOgoKICBodHRwOi8vcnVieS 1kYmkucnVieWZvcmdlLm9yZy8K
Ckl0IHdvcmtzIHZlcnkgc2ltaWxhcmx5IHRvIFBlcmwncyBEQk kgbW9kdWxlLgoKLWF1c3Rpbgot
LQpBdXN0aW4gWmllZ2xlciAqIGhhbG9zdGF0dWVAZ21haWwuY2 9tCiAgICAgICAgICAgICAgICog
QWx0ZXJuYXRlOiBhdXN0aW5AaGFsb3N0YXR1ZS5jYQo=