Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Using Client Certificates

Using Client Certificates

=?Utf-8?B?ZGlub28=?=

Can some body help me out?

I am trying to use client certificates in a Webservice. But some how i am not able to make it.
I went through the msdn resources but i think some one needs to help me out.
I am using IIS 5.1 on Windows XP professional.
I am able to setup the SSL on my webserver using the 14 day trial period certificate.
I setup the virtual directory using SSL connection required and Required Client certificates.
I want to know as my https webserver is now setup, then how do I get the client certificate. Is this certificate same as the certificate I received from verisign. I am not able to understand how do i generate the client certificate.

As per msdn site, using mmc console i imported the same certificate which i received from verisign to my trusted root certification auhtorities store. But when i tried to add this certificate to webservice's proxy, i received the error.

if i configure the virtual directory as "accept certificates" then the same setup work fine. But it does not work when i configure the virtual directory as "Required client certificates".When i am trying to use the webservice using internet explorer then i receive the certificate popup but fails to see the webservice even if i select yes to proceed.

Can some body tell me where am i going wrong? How do I proceed to achive this?

Thanks

dinoo