Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: [MissingFieldException: Field not found:

Re: [MissingFieldException: Field not found:

John Saunders

"katty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I get following error when the website is idle..but if I reset it..it
> goes...can you please help with this error..

<snip>

> System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +84
> System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18
>
> System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication+IExecutio
> nStep.Execute()
> +179
> System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
> completedSynchronously) +87

The above stack frame shows that the web site is NOT idle. A request came
in, or ProcessRequest would not have been called.
--
John Saunders
johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

John Saunders

"katty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> John,
>
> Thank you for prompt reply
>
> right ...let me reframe my Question.....
>
> my Web control method on a page uses something which is dependent on

server's cache...thats why it is trying to read from temp asp.net files.
When that page is not requested for some hours i get that error. But when I
reset IIS page is working fine.

> what could be the reason.

I'm trying to tell you that the stack trace you posted is from the execution
of a request for a page. I think it is executing
NstAdvanceUnitSalesTOC.aspx. Either something has requested that page or
else maybe the cache item expiration is requesting that page. Do you mean
that the method is dependant on the output cache, or the Cache property?
--
John Saunders
johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

> "John Saunders" wrote:
>
> > "katty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I get following error when the website is idle..but if I reset it..it
> > > goes...can you please help with this error..

> > <snip>
> >
> > > System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +84
> > > System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication+IExecutio
> > > nStep.Execute()
> > > +179
> > > System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step,

Boolean&
> > > completedSynchronously) +87

> > The above stack frame shows that the web site is NOT idle. A request

came
> > in, or ProcessRequest would not have been called.
> > --
> > John Saunders
> > johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

John Saunders

"josh_sivey" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm getting the exact same error on one of our production servers. The

only difference is that the UserControl on my page does not rely on Server
Cache for it's state information... What could be causing this error?

Please post the complete stack trace.
--
John Saunders
johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

> "John Saunders" wrote:
>
> > "katty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > John,
> > >
> > > Thank you for prompt reply
> > >
> > > right ...let me reframe my Question.....
> > >
> > > my Web control method on a page uses something which is dependent on

> > server's cache...thats why it is trying to read from temp asp.net files.
> > When that page is not requested for some hours i get that error. But

when I
> > reset IIS page is working fine.
> > >
> > > what could be the reason.

> > I'm trying to tell you that the stack trace you posted is from the

execution
> > of a request for a page. I think it is executing
> > NstAdvanceUnitSalesTOC.aspx. Either something has requested that page or
> > else maybe the cache item expiration is requesting that page. Do you

mean
> > that the method is dependant on the output cache, or the Cache property?
> > --
> > John Saunders
> > johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

it..it

> > System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication+IExecutio

> > Boolean&

> > came

=?Utf-8?B?cm9iZXJ0c19sYWNvdGE=?=

Katty

Did you find a solution to your problem? This seems to occur when using
third party controls on user controls on non-development machines. We are
having the same problem and haven't yet found a solution.

Robert

"katty" wrote:

> John,
>
> Thank you for prompt reply
>
> right ...let me reframe my Question.....
>
> my Web control method on a page uses something which is dependent on server's cache...thats why it is trying to read from temp asp.net files. When that page is not requested for some hours i get that error. But when I reset IIS page is working fine.
>
> what could be the reason.
>

> "John Saunders" wrote:
>
> > "katty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I get following error when the website is idle..but if I reset it..it
> > > goes...can you please help with this error..

> > <snip>
> >
> > > System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +84
> > > System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +18
> > >
> > > System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.Htt pApplication+IExecutio
> > > nStep.Execute()
> > > +179
> > > System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionS tep step, Boolean&
> > > completedSynchronously) +87

> > The above stack frame shows that the web site is NOT idle. A request came
> > in, or ProcessRequest would not have been called.
> > --
> > John Saunders
> > johnwsaundersiii at hotmail

=?Utf-8?B?bGFjb3Rh?=

Katty

Did you find a solution to your problem? We are having the same issue.