Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Customize Toolbar

Customize Toolbar

Mike Phillips

Thurnderbird appears to have every feature I want for a newsgroup reader
-- except one. I added the "Next" button to the toolbar. Is there a way
to add "Thread", which is the same as pressing the "T" key on the
keyboard, to the toolbar?

--
Michael C. Phillips
Patent Attorney

dantu

Mike Phillips wrote:

> Thurnderbird appears to have every feature I want for a newsgroup
> reader -- except one. I added the "Next" button to the toolbar. Is
> there a way to add "Thread", which is the same as pressing the "T" key
> on the keyboard, to the toolbar?

Mike

I am at a loss, what does "Thread" or the "T" key do?

Mike Phillips

dantu wrote:
> Mike Phillips wrote:
>
>> Thurnderbird appears to have every feature I want for a newsgroup
>> reader -- except one. I added the "Next" button to the toolbar. Is
>> there a way to add "Thread", which is the same as pressing the "T" key
>> on the keyboard, to the toolbar?
>>

> Mike
>
> I am at a loss, what does "Thread" or the "T" key do?

When messages are show Threaded, pressing the T key causes all messages
in the current thread to be marked as read, and the next unread message
in the next unread thread opens. Try it.

dantu

Mike Phillips wrote:

> dantu wrote:
>
>> Mike Phillips wrote:
>>
>>> Thurnderbird appears to have every feature I want for a newsgroup
>>> reader -- except one. I added the "Next" button to the toolbar. Is
>>> there a way to add "Thread", which is the same as pressing the "T"
>>> key on the keyboard, to the toolbar?
>>>

>> Mike
>>
>> I am at a loss, what does "Thread" or the "T" key do?
>>

> When messages are show Threaded, pressing the T key causes all
> messages in the current thread to be marked as read, and the next
> unread message in the next unread thread opens. Try it.

Mike

Ah, I habitually use the R key, but the T is much better as
it opens the next unread as well. Thanks

Offhand, I dont know of an 'easy' method to put the command
into a toolbar, tho it doesnt sound all that difficult to accomplish,
perhaps others here have an idea?
If the people here cant help, you can try asking the question
over on
snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.mozilla.thunderbird

James

dantu wrote:
> Mike Phillips wrote:
>
>> dantu wrote:

>>> Mike
>>>
>>> I am at a loss, what does "Thread" or the "T" key do?
>>>

>> When messages are show Threaded, pressing the T key causes all
>> messages in the current thread to be marked as read, and the next
>> unread message in the next unread thread opens. Try it.
>>

> Mike
>
> Ah, I habitually use the R key, but the T is much better as
> it opens the next unread as well. Thanks
>
> Offhand, I dont know of an 'easy' method to put the command
> into a toolbar, tho it doesnt sound all that difficult to accomplish,
> perhaps others here have an idea?
> If the people here cant help, you can try asking the question
> over on
> snews://secnews.netscape.com/netscape.mozilla.thunderbird

Wow,
this is great, I didn't know those moves.
I just dumped IE and OE for fbird tbird and am amazed at the new features.
One thing I miss is the "synchronize" feature - customisable to include
particular newsgroups and email accounts as well as defining what part
of messages to download.
Can anyone advise?
James