Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > ENCTYPE="Multipart/Form-Data" Any Drawbacks?

ENCTYPE="Multipart/Form-Data" Any Drawbacks?

Lucas Tam

Hi all,

I'm using ASP MasterPages for my templates. As such, I have a couple of
pages which are for file uploads.

Is there any drawbacks in making all my forms of type:
ENCTYPE="Multipart/Form-Data"?

Will this cause resource or security issues?

Thanks.

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Kevin Spencer

No. It causes the form data to be sent in both binary and text format, in
order to upload a file.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

"Lucas Tam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns95276C4207A18nntprogerscom@140.99.99.130.. .
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using ASP MasterPages for my templates. As such, I have a couple of
> pages which are for file uploads.
>
> Is there any drawbacks in making all my forms of type:
> ENCTYPE="Multipart/Form-Data"?
>
> Will this cause resource or security issues?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

bruce barker

the payload will be much higher.

for two fields, instead of :

f1=value1&f2=value2

the payload will look like:

value1

value2

as the number of fields goes up, the more the cost.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)