Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ANN] Toronto Ruby User Group meeting Sun 8 Jan 2005

[ANN] Toronto Ruby User Group meeting Sun 8 Jan 2005

Mike Stok

Happy new year to everyone.

The next meeting of the Toronto Ruby User Group is on Sunday 8
January 2006 at the Linux Caffe at 13:00. http://www.trug.ca/
Sun_Jan_08%2C_2006

Mike

--

Mike Stok <(E-Mail Removed)>
http://www.stok.co.uk/~mike/

The "`Stok' disclaimers" apply.

Chad Perrin

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 07:33:07AM +0900, Mike Stok wrote:
> Happy new year to everyone.
>
> The next meeting of the Toronto Ruby User Group is on Sunday 8
> January 2006 at the Linux Caffe at 13:00. http://www.trug.ca/
> Sun_Jan_08%2C_2006

Holy cow. You have a cafe just for Linux users?

Bob Hutchison

On Jan 2, 2006, at 11:24 PM, Bryan Rieger wrote:

> Austin Ziegler wrote:
>
>> Yeah. You know how tolerant Toronto is
>>
>> Linux Caffe has its own website at http://linuxcaffe.ca/. With one
>> exception (the ATM), I think that everything electronic in the store
>> is running something open source.
>>

> Wow! As a former Torontonian (now living in Vancouver) let me just
> say - that is friggin' cool.
> I'm assuming it's in the Annex and not Bay Street, but regardless -
> awesome!

Good call! Annex 'south'... Grace and Harbord. I've been going by
this by car for months and never noticed it. A very nice little
place, and they won't kick you out if you use windows or osx. Though
the windows patrons might have to endure the various 're-education'
efforts inflicted upon them by their fellow customers... though they
seemed to have left Austin alone last meeting

> Bryan

----
Bob Hutchison -- blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/
hutch/>
Recursive Design Inc. -- <http://www.recursive.ca/>
Raconteur -- <http://www.raconteur.info/>
xampl for Ruby -- <http://rubyforge.org/projects/xampl/>

Austin Ziegler

On 03/01/06, Bob Hutchison <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Jan 2, 2006, at 11:24 PM, Bryan Rieger wrote:
> > Austin Ziegler wrote:
> >> Yeah. You know how tolerant Toronto is
> >> Linux Caffe has its own website at http://linuxcaffe.ca/. With one
> >> exception (the ATM), I think that everything electronic in the store
> >> is running something open source.

> > Wow! As a former Torontonian (now living in Vancouver) let me just
> > say - that is friggin' cool.
> > I'm assuming it's in the Annex and not Bay Street, but regardless -
> > awesome!

> Good call! Annex 'south'... Grace and Harbord. I've been going by
> this by car for months and never noticed it. A very nice little
> place, and they won't kick you out if you use windows or osx. Though
> the windows patrons might have to endure the various 're-education'
> efforts inflicted upon them by their fellow customers... though they
> seemed to have left Austin alone last meeting

I think they leave me alone because they know that the main laptop I
have been using isn't supportable under Linux (not without losing ~80%
of the functionality).

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
* Alternate: (E-Mail Removed)

Sy Ali

On 1/3/06, Austin Ziegler <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I think they leave me alone because they know that the main laptop I
> have been using isn't supportable under Linux (not without losing ~80%
> of the functionality).

Yeah, if you boot off a linux livecd you can't even turn the screen!