Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Re: Best way to Reference Shared Assembly?

Re: Best way to Reference Shared Assembly?

bruce barker

the best is to not use the gac, but add the dll to the web site (whats a
little disk space) and it makes deployment easier.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

"Chris Mohan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> I've built an assembly that's going to be deployed to the global assembly

cache of a few servers and I'm wonder what the best way to reference it is?
I need to do it so apps written without visual studio.

> I've deployed the assembly to my local machine's GAC and currently

reference it in an app's web.config file within the compilation\assemblies
element.

> Is it better to add a section name handler for the assemblies

type/namespace within the machine.config file? If i do this will i still
have to add a reference within each apps web.config file?