Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Puby 1.0 Release!

Puby 1.0 Release!

Hampton

With all of the buzz around "LAMP" platforms, I feel that its time that
Ruby got on board. As many people know, LAMP stands for Linux Apache
MySQL and Perl/Python/PHP. Well, the final P representing development
languages leaves Ruby out of the game. Instead of creating LAMR, which
when spelled says LAMeR, I've decided to launch Puby!

Features

* Exactly like Ruby
* Starts with a "P"

Now, Puby can become one of the premier programming languages of LAMP:
Linux Apache MySQL Perl/Python/PHP/Puby.

Check out http://www.puby-lang.org and http://www.puby-docs.com for
more info!

James Britt

Hampton wrote:

> With all of the buzz around "LAMP" platforms, I feel that its time that
> Ruby got on board. As many people know, LAMP stands for Linux Apache
> MySQL and Perl/Python/PHP. Well, the final P representing development
> languages leaves Ruby out of the game. Instead of creating LAMR, which
> when spelled says LAMeR, I've decided to launch Puby!
>
> Features
>
> * Exactly like Ruby
> * Starts with a "P"
>
> Now, Puby can become one of the premier programming languages of LAMP:
> Linux Apache MySQL Perl/Python/PHP/Puby.
>
> Check out http://www.puby-lang.org and http://www.puby-docs.com for
> more info!

Is April early, or late?

James

Justin Collins

That just sounds wrong...so very wrong....

-Justin

Hampton wrote:
> With all of the buzz around "LAMP" platforms, I feel that its time that
> Ruby got on board. As many people know, LAMP stands for Linux Apache
> MySQL and Perl/Python/PHP. Well, the final P representing development
> languages leaves Ruby out of the game. Instead of creating LAMR, which
> when spelled says LAMeR, I've decided to launch Puby!
>
> Features
>
> * Exactly like Ruby
> * Starts with a "P"
>
> Now, Puby can become one of the premier programming languages of LAMP:
> Linux Apache MySQL Perl/Python/PHP/Puby.
>
> Check out http://www.puby-lang.org and http://www.puby-docs.com for
> more info!

baalbek

Hampton wrote:

> * Exactly like Ruby
> * Starts with a "P"
>
> Now, Puby can become one of the premier programming languages of LAMP:
> Linux Apache MySQL Perl/Python/PHP/Puby.
>
> Check out http://www.puby-lang.org and http://www.puby-docs.com for
> more info!

Sorry, but Puby gives me associations to Pubic!

Hampton

April is *always* in style.

Sam Dela Cruz

--=_alternative 0007A828882570D7_=

I would change "LAMP" to "LAMPaRa", which is the same meaning as LAMP in
English.

But I think "Puby" is just wrong.

> With all of the buzz around "LAMP" platforms, I feel that its time that
> Ruby got on board. As many people know, LAMP stands for Linux Apache
> MySQL and Perl/Python/PHP. Well, the final P representing development
> languages leaves Ruby out of the game. Instead of creating LAMR, which
> when spelled says LAMeR, I've decided to launch Puby!
>
> Features
>
> * Exactly like Ruby
> * Starts with a "P"
>
> Now, Puby can become one of the premier programming languages of LAMP:
> Linux Apache MySQL Perl/Python/PHP/Puby.
>
> Check out http://www.puby-lang.org and http://www.puby-docs.com for
> more info!

--=_alternative 0007A828882570D7_=--

Eero Saynatkari

On 2005.12.14 09:27, "Hampton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> With all of the buzz around "LAMP" platforms, I feel that its time that
> Ruby got on board. As many people know, LAMP stands for Linux Apache
> MySQL and Perl/Python/PHP. Well, the final P representing development
> languages leaves Ruby out of the game. Instead of creating LAMR, which
> when spelled says LAMeR, I've decided to launch Puby!
>
> Features
>
> * Exactly like Ruby
> * Starts with a "P"
>
> Now, Puby can become one of the premier programming languages of LAMP:
> Linux Apache MySQL Perl/Python/PHP/Puby.
>
> Check out http://www.puby-lang.org and http://www.puby-docs.com for
> more info!

Er, could we instead just try to make FLPR[1] a more popular acronym?

[1] FreeBSD, lightTPD, PostgreSQL, Ruby

Jeff Wood

------=_Part_28216_8610665.1134526086090

arxs would work for me ... ( pronounced arcs )

Apache, Ruby & x meaning uniX decendant, DBMS.match( /SQL$/ )

OSs could be Unix, Linux, os X or any other variant of BSD ....
DBMS could be PostgreSQL or MySQL ...

whatdya think?

--
"Remember. Understand. Believe. Yield! -> http://ruby-lang.org"

Jeff Wood

------=_Part_28216_8610665.1134526086090--

Logan Capaldo

On Dec 13, 2005, at 9:08 PM, Jeff Wood wrote:

> arxs would work for me ... ( pronounced arcs )
>

> Apache, Ruby & x meaning uniX decendant, DBMS.match( /SQL$/ )
>
> OSs could be Unix, Linux, os X or any other variant of BSD ....
> DBMS could be PostgreSQL or MySQL ...
>
> whatdya think?
>

> On 12/13/05, Eero Saynatkari <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> On 2005.12.14 09:27, "Hampton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>

>>> With all of the buzz around "LAMP" platforms, I feel that its
>>> time that
>>> Ruby got on board. As many people know, LAMP stands for Linux Apache
>>> MySQL and Perl/Python/PHP. Well, the final P representing
>>> development
>>> languages leaves Ruby out of the game. Instead of creating LAMR,
>>> which
>>> when spelled says LAMeR, I've decided to launch Puby!
>>>
>>> Features
>>>
>>> * Exactly like Ruby
>>> * Starts with a "P"
>>>
>>> Now, Puby can become one of the premier programming languages of
>>> LAMP:
>>> Linux Apache MySQL Perl/Python/PHP/Puby.
>>>
>>> Check out http://www.puby-lang.org and http://www.puby-docs.com for
>>> more info!

>> Er, could we instead just try to make FLPR[1] a more popular
>> acronym?

>> [1] FreeBSD, lightTPD, PostgreSQL, Ruby
>>

> --
> "Remember. Understand. Believe. Yield! -> http://ruby-lang.org"
>
> Jeff Wood

Someone has previously mentioned on this list that LAMP REALLY stands
for
Linux Apache Middleware PostgreSQL

wherein Middleware is assumed to be ruby unless otherwise indicated

Jeff Wood

--------------050602090601050901050409

Logan Capaldo wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2005, at 9:08 PM, Jeff Wood wrote:
>
>> arxs would work for me ... ( pronounced arcs )
>>

>> Apache, Ruby & x meaning uniX decendant, DBMS.match( /SQL$/ )
>>
>> OSs could be Unix, Linux, os X or any other variant of BSD ....
>> DBMS could be PostgreSQL or MySQL ...
>>
>> whatdya think?

>>> Er, could we instead just try to make FLPR[1] a more popular
>>> acronym?

>>> [1] FreeBSD, lightTPD, PostgreSQL, Ruby
>>>

>> --
>> "Remember. Understand. Believe. Yield! -> http://ruby-lang.org"
>>
>> Jeff Wood

> Someone has previously mentioned on this list that LAMP REALLY stands
> for
> Linux Apache Middleware PostgreSQL
>
> wherein Middleware is assumed to be ruby unless otherwise indicated

heh, there ya go ... <flamebait> I just wish we could get the linux out
of there ... I'd much prefer *any* bsd variant.</flamebait>

j.

--------------050602090601050901050409--