Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Subversion support on RubyForge

Subversion support on RubyForge

Tom Copeland

Hi all -

RubyForge now supports Subversion! Yup, at long last, we've got all the
pieces in place so that you can use either CVS or Subversion for your
version control.

* You can see how it looks by poking around Curt Hibbs' RubyInstaller
project, which we converted over last week:

http://rubyforge.org/scm/?group_id=167

* To get your project switched from CVS to Subversion, please put a
cvs-to-svn support request into the FIFO queue:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=1...=5&func=browse

* To start up a new project with Subversion as the version control
system, just select it when you register the project.

* Undoubtedly there will be some "opportunities for improvement" as
folks convert over; as always, we appreciate your feedback and your
patience.

Thanks to Curt Hibbs for helping to troubleshoot this new feature!

Yours,

Tom Copeland
Rich Kilmer
The RubyForge admin team

Gregory Brown

On 12/8/05, Tom Copeland <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> RubyForge now supports Subversion! Yup, at long last, we've got all the
> pieces in place so that you can use either CVS or Subversion for your
> version control.

How did you know today was my birthday?!?

(No, seriously, it is )

That's awesome, Thanks Tom and the RubyForge peoples for your hard work

Tom Copeland

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 05:46 +0900, Gregory Brown wrote:
> On 12/8/05, Tom Copeland <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Hi all -
> >
> > RubyForge now supports Subversion! Yup, at long last, we've got all the
> > pieces in place so that you can use either CVS or Subversion for your
> > version control.

> How did you know today was my birthday?!?
>
> (No, seriously, it is )
>

> That's awesome, Thanks Tom and the RubyForge peoples for your hard work

You're quite welcome!

Yours,

Tom

Damphyr

Tom Copeland wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 05:46 +0900, Gregory Brown wrote:
>
>>On 12/8/05, Tom Copeland <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all -
>>>
>>>RubyForge now supports Subversion! Yup, at long last, we've got all the
>>>pieces in place so that you can use either CVS or Subversion for your
>>>version control.

>>How did you know today was my birthday?!?
>>
>>(No, seriously, it is )
>>

>>That's awesome, Thanks Tom and the RubyForge peoples for your hard work

> You're quite welcome!

EXCELENT!! My support request is already in the queue!
At last I can get rid of the scripts that publishmy subversion stuff to
the Rubyforge CVS.
Tom I guess you're going to be busy for a while
Cheers,
V.-

--
http://www.braveworld.net/riva

http://www.freemail.gr - δωρεάν υπηρεσία ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου.

Tom Copeland

On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 07:05 +0900, Damphyr wrote:
> EXCELENT!! My support request is already in the queue!
> At last I can get rid of the scripts that publishmy subversion stuff to
> the Rubyforge CVS.
> Tom I guess you're going to be busy for a while

Heh, fortunately, Curt Hibbs let a few of his projects be the test
subjects, so now each conversion is done by a script and takes about 20
seconds. Good times!

Yours,

Tom

Trans

Christian Neukirchen wrote:
> Daniel Berger <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > Tom Copeland wrote:
> >> Hi all -
> >> RubyForge now supports Subversion!

> > Huh? Where's the Darcs support you promised?

> I think you just can use rsync to upload your local repositories. At
> least that's how I do it on my site.

You can? Could you give more details by chance?

Thanks,
T.

Mauricio Fernαndez

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 10:57:37PM +0900, Trans wrote:

> Christian Neukirchen wrote:
> > Daniel Berger <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> > > Huh? Where's the Darcs support you promised?

> > I think you just can use rsync to upload your local repositories. At
> > least that's how I do it on my site.

> You can? Could you give more details by chance?

I don't know if Rubyforge actually supports rsync.
But you can just scp -r your workspace/branch into your project's
webspace if bandwidth is not a problem.

--
Mauricio Fernandez