Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Validation Summary Control

Validation Summary Control

Jay

I am using the ValidationSummary control with the settings so that it displays the validation summary in a popup. It works ok on several servers, but it does not work on an external hosting web server. It does work ok when the valiation messages are displayed on the page.

Any suggestions? Is this a known problem.

Jay

Jay

Update to my question. Actually, the ValidationSummary control does not work in any mode. The client-side validation is not functioning.

Help.

Jay
"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I am using the ValidationSummary control with the settings so that it displays the validation summary in a popup. It works ok on several servers, but it does not work on an external hosting web server. It does work ok when the valiation messages are displayed on the page.

Any suggestions? Is this a known problem.

Jay

Peter Blum

When a new domain is established or ASP.NET is updated, you must install the
\aspnet_client folder and its associated WebUIValidation.js file.
You can copy it from another location or run:
aspnet_regiis.exe -c
(Your hosting provider should be able to run this for you.)
If you copy it from another location, be sure that you have the identical
version to the ASP.NET version installed.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OA$(E-Mail Removed)...
Update to my question. Actually, the ValidationSummary control does not
work in any mode. The client-side validation is not functioning.

Help.

Jay
"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I am using the ValidationSummary control with the settings so that it
displays the validation summary in a popup. It works ok on several servers,
but it does not work on an external hosting web server. It does work ok
when the valiation messages are displayed on the page.

Any suggestions? Is this a known problem.

Jay

Jay

Thanks. This is something to look at. However, I made a quick check on the Required Field Validation control seem to work. And my website works which is all in asp.net - just this one thing (so far), the summary validation does not work.

Jay
"Peter Blum" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:#(E-Mail Removed)...
When a new domain is established or ASP.NET is updated, you must install the
\aspnet_client folder and its associated WebUIValidation.js file.
You can copy it from another location or run:
aspnet_regiis.exe -c
(Your hosting provider should be able to run this for you.)
If you copy it from another location, be sure that you have the identical
version to the ASP.NET version installed.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (E-Mail Removed)
http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx

"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OA$(E-Mail Removed)...
Update to my question. Actually, the ValidationSummary control does not
work in any mode. The client-side validation is not functioning.

Help.

Jay
"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I am using the ValidationSummary control with the settings so that it
displays the validation summary in a popup. It works ok on several servers,
but it does not work on an external hosting web server. It does work ok
when the valiation messages are displayed on the page.

Any suggestions? Is this a known problem.

Jay

Jay

Life is good. You were right on target. That solved my problem.

Thanks so much.

Jay