Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Installing on RHEL 4 64bit

Installing on RHEL 4 64bit

Neruocomp@yahoo.com

I used the rpms to install ruby but couldn't get gem to work because of
a bug in ruby-1.8.1 so I decided to install from the source. I let it
install in /usr/local but told it to install libs in /usr/local/lib64
or else the libraries won't be found. I did that and ruby runs. So I
run the setup for the latest rubygems and it gives me this error:
setup.rb:52:in `require': no such file to load -- rbconfig (LoadError)
from setup.rb:52

So I tried rubygems-0.8.10 and get the same thing. I ran irb and got
the same thing also. Whats going on? Any ideas?

problem in updating kernel in HP proliant G380 server runing RHEL 4ES shrikant.vm@gmail.com Computer Support 2 11-01-2007 05:33 PM
glob("/tmp/a/*") returns GLOB_ABORTED on RHEL, GLOB_NOMATCH on DU mark.bergman@thales-is.com C Programming 4 06-06-2007 04:12 AM
Compile for 64bit RHEL Christopher Taylor Python 1 10-19-2006 08:27 PM
Jpype on RHEL v3 benchline Python 1 04-07-2006 05:33 PM
Running Eclipse from RHAPS2 on RHEL-4 S P Arif Sahari Wibowo Java 8 11-28-2005 07:45 AM

Advertisments