Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > Apache + FastCGI + RoR

Apache + FastCGI + RoR

Mohammad Khan

First question:

FastCgiServer /users/foo/rails/public/dispatch.fcgi -initial-env
RAILS_ENV=3Dproduction
Do I need define this for every vhost,
or just only one in httpd.conf?
If I need to define it once, what should be the path?
I am confused as I have dispatch.fcgi in each of the public direcotry
of my vhosts.

Second question:

Can I run 2 of my vost in development envionment, 1 in test envionment
and another 2 in production environment?
If so, how?

Thanks,

gregarican

Mohammad Khan wrote:

> First question:
>

> FastCgiServer /users/foo/rails/public/dispatch.fcgi -initial-env
> RAILS_ENV=production
> Do I need define this for every vhost,
> or just only one in httpd.conf?
> If I need to define it once, what should be the path?
> I am confused as I have dispatch.fcgi in each of the public direcotry
> of my vhosts.
>

> Second question:
>

> Can I run 2 of my vost in development envionment, 1 in test envionment
> and another 2 in production environment?
> If so, how?
>

> Thanks,

You might have better results posting this to the Rails mailing list at
http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo. Ditto for your dupe
message.

Mohammad Khan

sorry for the dupe..
it was a mistake.. i didn't realize gmail really accepted my first message.

On 11/17/05, gregarican <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Mohammad Khan wrote:
>
> > First question:
> >

> > FastCgiServer /users/foo/rails/public/dispatch.fcgi -initial-env
> > RAILS_ENV=3Dproduction
> > Do I need define this for every vhost,
> > or just only one in httpd.conf?
> > If I need to define it once, what should be the path?
> > I am confused as I have dispatch.fcgi in each of the public direcotry
> > of my vhosts.
> >

> > Second question:
> >

> > Can I run 2 of my vost in development envionment, 1 in test envionment
> > and another 2 in production environment?
> > If so, how?
> >

> > Thanks,

> You might have better results posting this to the Rails mailing list at
> http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/listinfo. Ditto for your dupe
> message.

Mohammad Khan

Como'n guys,
Say something !!

On 11/17/05, Mohammad Khan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> First question:
>
> FastCgiServer /users/foo/rails/public/dispatch.fcgi -initial-env
> RAILS_ENV=3Dproduction
> Do I need to define this for every vhost,
> or just only once in httpd.conf?
> If I need to define it once, what should be the path?
> I am confused as I have dispatch.fcgi in each of the public direcotry
> of my every vhost.
>

> Second question:
>
> Can I run 2 of my vost in development envionment, 1 in test envionment
> and another 2 in production environment?
> If so, how?
>
> Thanks,

James Britt

Mohammad Khan wrote:
> Como'n guys,
> Say something !!

You'll get the fastest, best answers on the Rails mailing list:

James