Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Ruby > [ADV] Beta book: Enterprise Integration with Ruby

[ADV] Beta book: Enterprise Integration with Ruby

Dave Thomas

Folks:

Forgive the commercial, but I suspect this will be of interest...

Maik Schmidt has been working behind the scenes to produce
"Enterprise Integration with Ruby," a book that looks at the ways
Ruby can be used to create new enterprise functionality by gluing
together existing enterprise resources. He looks at databases (both
relational and LDAP), Xml processing, low-ceremony networking
(sockets and HTTP), high-ceremony networking (SOAP, RPC, etc), and
tools.

It's a great book (I know I learned a bunch from it), so we decided
to release it early as a beta book: buy it and get the PDFs as Maik
works on it. If you opt for the paper book, it'll ship as soon as
it's ready. As with all our PDFs, updates are free for the lifetime
of the edition.

There are more details at http://pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles/fr_eir

Enjoy!

Dave